I was in Peter’s room helping him clean up and Dean was going to help Charlotte. He walked into her room and I heard him say “Charlotte! What happened in here??” and she said ” It was a rat attack!”
Sometimes if I get out of the house early enough I’ll pick up Tim Hortons for my co-workers (we take turns) before I take the kids to daycare. This hasn’t happened often as it’s hard to get the kids out of the house early. Normally if I’m taking them straight to daycare we drive straightN orth of the house to get to town. Last week we managed to leave early so I decided to make a coffee run. I was very surprised when I turned East on to the highway and Peter immediately piped up from the back seat “Mommy – why you going for coffee?”
Yesterday on Pinterest I found a list of 21 questions to ask your kids. Today I asked Charlotte all the questions and these were her answers:
1. What is something mom always says to you? I love you.
2. What makes mom happy? Giving love.
3. What makes mom sad? Getting hurt.
4. How does mom make you laugh? Making faces.
5. What was mom like as a child? You had glasses.
6. How old is mom? Um you tell me. Um 14? Is that right?
7. How tall is mom? 8
8. What is mom’s favorite thing to do? Shop
9. What does mom do when you’re not around? Go and shop for stuff.
10. If mom becomes famous, what will it be for? For being a rockstar.
11. What is mom really good at? Making me giggle.
12. What is mom not very good at? Balancing books on your head.
13. What does mom do for her job? Work for money. I don’t know…
14. What is mom’s favorite food? Spaghetti (um nope that’s her favorite).
15. What makes you proud of mom? When you say ” I love you”
16. What cartoon character would mom be? Bugs Bunny (??)
17. What do you and mom do together? Shop (I’m starting to see some common themes…)
18. How are you and mom the same? We both have blue eyes.
19. How are you and mom different? We have different colors of hair.
20. How do you know mom loves you? Because you say.
21. Where is mom’s favorite place to go? The grocery store (um no I think thats my LEAST favorite)
I tucked Peter into bed a few minutes ago and sat down in the office. A few minutes later I heard the patter of little feet and Peter appeared in the office. “What are you doing out of bed?” I asked. “I need a kissy” he replied and came over to get a kiss and hugged my legs.When he was done he said ” I go back to bed now”.
It was very sweet considering he’s been a total daddy’s boy for the last month and has hardly given me the time of day.
As I wass rocking Peter before bed one night Peter said that he wanted some water in his Superman cup. The cup was in the kitchen and Charlotte and Peter were both on my lap so I asked Charlotte if she could grab it for him and she ran off. While she was gone I said to Peter “Charlotte is a pretty nice sister isn’t she?” and he said “Yes”. “When she comes back should you say thank you?” I asked and he said yes. “Maybe you should even tell her you love her.” “Ok” he said. A second later I saw him pulling his finger out of his nose and he said “My nose is stinky”. Ew. Just then Charlotte returned and when she gave the cup to Peter he thanked her and I prompted, “What else were you going to tell Charlotte?” . He turned and looked at Charlotte and said, “My nose is stinky!”.
At breakfast we discovered Charlotte has her first loose tooth. Apparently it’s been loose for a while but she didn’t mention it until now. While she was eating she was complaining that it was hard to eat with a loose tooth. Dean told her to try chewing on the other side of her mouth. She said “I wish I had 2 heads. Then I could chew my food with the head that didn’t have a loose tooth!”
M: Charlotte – what did you do at school today?
M: Did you learn anything?
M: Well then why did you go?
C: Because they made me.
Yup. She’s only in kindergarten and already we are getting this.